Account Executive – Lancaster, PA or Philadelphia, PA
LOCATION: Lancaster, PA or Philadelphia, PA
POSITION REPORTS TO: Vice President of Sales & Marketing
The Account Executive is responsible for generating profitable revenue growth in the environmental services lines by utilizing a consultative sales approach. Environmental Services includes transportation and disposal of non-hazardous and hazardous wastes, bulk liquids and sludges, containerized wastes, and onsite labor services. The ideal candidate will be able to sell environmental services to a broad mix of customer segments including industrial, construction, energy, and commercial customers. The AE will generate revenue through lead generation, upselling in an existing book of business, and by developing relationship with key decision makers and stakeholders of prospects and clients. A successful AE will need to gather complex data, disseminate information internally and or with 3rd party vendors, formulate a logistics plan for managing waste, and can complete necessary paperwork such as waste profiles, credit applications, and proposals. The AE will work closely with Operations and the VP of Sales & Marketing to develop a business development plan, monitor competitor and industry trends, and to optimize customer service.
ESSENTIAL FUNTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
1) To provide sales, marketing and customer service to prospective clients and existing customers.
a) Achieve budgeted goals
b) Generate leads through referrals, cold calling, and other business development activities
c) Upsell and service clients in assigned book of business
d) Prepare proposals and execute service agreements.
e) Document activities in CRM system/sales reports
2) Assumes responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective communication and coordination with Customers.
a) has intimate knowledge of the customer’s needs
b) Has empathy for the customer situation
c) Is able to communicate clearly, both written and verbal.
d) Talks in a way the customer can understand
e) Is willing to build a long-term relationship with the customer.
3) Excellent negotiation skills
4) Capturing of accurate and complete information in Customer Relationship Management System (CRM)
5) Attending sales group meetings concerning sales targets or forecasts
6) Attend industry conferences to develop industry expertise and to build network
7) Assumes responsibility for related duties as required or assigned.
1) Performance against sales and activity quotas
2) Customer records are maintained and logged in CRM tool.
3) Good communication and coordination with Customers and Company personnel. Assistance and support are provided as needed.
4) Management is appropriately informed of area activities
College Education or 3-5 years’ Experience Equivalent preferred.
Knowledge of Sales and Customer Service
Knowledge of related computer applications such as MS Office and CRM
Three to five years of previous outside sales required, preferably in solid waste or environmental services, and a college degree. Documented record of revenue growth and achieving budgeted sales quotas.
Submit Your Resume
Excellent communication and telephone skills
Highly energetic and self-starter
Decision-making, problem resolution and creative thinking skills
Able to multi-task
Attentive to detail and accuracy
Cooperative and willing to assist others
Computer and telephone communication skills